Free Turkish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Turkish Forum

Free help in translating from or to Turkish, learn Turkish, know more about everything about Turkey

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Bir ihtimâl daha var" and "Cânâ rakibi handâ

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tavit Bey

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2005-12-13

"Bir ihtimâl daha var" and "Cânâ rakibi handâ Empty
PostSubject: "Bir ihtimâl daha var" and "Cânâ rakibi handâ   "Bir ihtimâl daha var" and "Cânâ rakibi handâ EmptyTue 13 Dec - 22:32

Hi there,

As you may have read in my profile, I am an oud player and an appreciator of Ottoman music. However as I am not Turkish, ben yalnız biraz Türkçe konuşabiliyorum. If any of you likes poetry/song lyrics, I promise there is more where this came from. I would love someone to provide a translation of the following songs:

Thanks, Tav

Bir ihtimâl daha var, o da ölmek mi dersin, söyle cânım ne dersin
Vuslatın başka âlem sen bir ömre bedelsin
Sükût etme nazlı yâr beni mecnûn edersin
Vuslatın başka âlem sen bir ömre bedelsin.

Cânâ rakibi handân edersin
Ben bi-nevâyı giryan edersin
Bigânelerle ünsiyyet etme
Bana cihanı zindan edersin.

Aktıma çeşmim gel mest-i nâzım
Âfâk-ı eşki ummân edersin
Süzme kerem kıl çeşm-i siyâhım
Zirâ ki havfım berkaam edersin.
Back to top Go down
Beyaz
Admin
Beyaz

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2005-11-16

PostSubject: Re: "Bir ihtimâl daha var" and "Cânâ rakibi handâ   "Bir ihtimâl daha var" and "Cânâ rakibi handâ EmptyThu 15 Dec - 8:24

Hi Tavit Bey, Very Happy
we actually can't read anything about that in your profile... you should check that..
Anyway, it's great to hear that you're an oud player! fantastic! cheers
As to the translation, hope someone will help you out, I'm not sure I can, cos Ottoman language has turned rather different from modern spoken Turkish language.
c u!
Back to top Go down
https://turkish.forumotion.com
Valou

Valou

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2005-12-22

PostSubject: Re: "Bir ihtimâl daha var" and "Cânâ rakibi handâ   "Bir ihtimâl daha var" and "Cânâ rakibi handâ EmptyThu 22 Dec - 11:06

What a nice song, I discovered it with a Gülseren, who sings it a-capella. Amazing !

I'm sorry I cannot help you for the translation (i'm french) but thanx for the lyrics Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.manzara-photo.com
ulas

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-01-26

PostSubject: Re: "Bir ihtimâl daha var" and "Cânâ rakibi h   "Bir ihtimâl daha var" and "Cânâ rakibi handâ EmptyThu 26 Jan - 17:30

Tavit Bey wrote:
Hi there,

As you may have read in my profile, I am an oud player and an appreciator of Ottoman music. However as I am not Turkish, ben yalnız biraz Türkçe konuşabiliyorum. If any of you likes poetry/song lyrics, I promise there is more where this came from. I would love someone to provide a translation of the following songs:

Thanks, Tav

Bir ihtimâl daha var, o da ölmek mi dersin, söyle cânım ne dersin
Vuslatın başka âlem sen bir ömre bedelsin
Sükût etme nazlı yâr beni mecnûn edersin
Vuslatın başka âlem sen bir ömre bedelsin.

Cânâ rakibi handân edersin
Ben bi-nevâyı giryan edersin
Bigânelerle ünsiyyet etme
Bana cihanı zindan edersin.

Aktıma çeşmim gel mest-i nâzım
Âfâk-ı eşki ummân edersin
Süzme kerem kıl çeşm-i siyâhım
Zirâ ki havfım berkaam edersin.

there is one more possibility, is that to die, what do you say my dear.
your face is a diffrent word, you mean a life time.
Dont be silent my coquetry love, you make me a romeo ( mecnun is guy name which is in love with leyla. strory like romeo and juliet)
your face is a diffrent word, you mean a life time.

I am sorry but it just losts its meaning when it is translated. I will continue later.
Back to top Go down
mehmetmamger

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2006-08-02

PostSubject: Re: "Bir ihtimâl daha var" and "Cânâ rakibi handâ   "Bir ihtimâl daha var" and "Cânâ rakibi handâ EmptyWed 2 Aug - 9:51

Although I have some doubts about your nationality, I'll do my best to translate this into English. The text is problematic not only because it uses Ottoman language but also due to the fact that it is nearly impossible to translate any poem into another language.

Cânâ rakibi handân edersin (You make the enemy/the most toublesome thing joy for me) [I am not sure about the meaning)
Ben bi-nevâyı giryan edersin (You make me, the poor one, cry a lot)
Bigânelerle ünsiyyet etme (Don't have any relationship with anyone who I don't know)
Bana cihanı zindan edersin. (or else, you make the world a dungeon for me)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Bir ihtimâl daha var" and "Cânâ rakibi handâ   "Bir ihtimâl daha var" and "Cânâ rakibi handâ Empty

Back to top Go down

"Bir ihtimâl daha var" and "Cânâ rakibi handâ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Free Turkish Forum :: English-Turkish-
Jump to: