Free Turkish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Turkish Forum

Free help in translating from or to Turkish, learn Turkish, know more about everything about Turkey

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can someone tell me if this translation is accurate?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BellaCella

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-04-25

Can someone tell me if this translation is accurate? Empty
PostSubject: Can someone tell me if this translation is accurate?   Can someone tell me if this translation is accurate? EmptyWed 25 Apr - 16:41

I am writing a letter to a mother of my friend in Turkiye. The first section is the English version and the second is the translated version. Can someone tell me if this is correct and any corrections that need to be made. I am concerned because my computer keyboard is not set to make the symbols used on certain letter...can anyone help me. Any help would be greatly appreaciated! Thank you soooo much!
Marcella Can someone tell me if this translation is accurate? Biggrin

ORIGINAL TEXT:

Dear Mrs. Kaya.

I hope and pray that when you receive this card, that you and your family are well. I wanted to write you and let you know how much I truly respect, appreciate and care for you. I am overwhelmed by your kindness and your concern for my health. I am feeling so much better and I am recovering very well. Thank you so much for your prayers. I know that your prayers are genuine and come from your heart. I am truly grateful.

I feel blessed by God to have your son and your whole family in my heart. You are such kind and loving people. Please give your family my warmest regards and all my love. I will keep your family in my heart, thoughts and prayers always.

Thank you so much and please know, that you are my angel!

All my love and respect,
Marcella
----------------------------

MY TRANSLATED VERSION

Sevgili (insert first name) Kaya, ---is that right???

Umut ediyorum ve dua ediyorumki siz bu karti aldiginizda siz ve aileniz iyidir.Size gercekten ne kadar saygi duydugumu,deger verdigimi ve onemsedigimi size soylemek istedim.Sagligim hakkinda endiseleriniz,iyi yurek ve nezaketinize cok cok minnettarim.Ben kendimi daha iyi hissediyorum ve kendimi iyice toparladim.Dualariniz icin tesekkur ederim.Biliyorumki,sizin dualariniz samimi,icten ve kalpten.Gercekten size minnettarim.

Tum kalbimle,tum aileye ve oglunuza sahip oldugum icin tanri tarafindan odullendirildigimi hissediyorum.Cok nazik ve sevgi dolusunuz.Lutfen ailenize en guzel dileklerimi ve tum sevgimi iletin.Aileniz her zaman kalbimde,dusuncelerimde ve dualarimda olacak.

Cok tesekkur ederim ve lutfen bilinki,siz benim melegimsiniz.

Tum sevgim ve saygilarimla,

Marcella
Back to top Go down
Altay

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Can someone tell me if this translation is accurate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can someone tell me if this translation is accurate?   Can someone tell me if this translation is accurate? EmptyMon 30 Apr - 22:12

As far as I can tell, it's quite accurate. The only sentence that's a bit odd is, "Ben kendimi iyi hissediyorum," but I think that just sounds strange to me because I haven't heard it in a while. I would suggest placing the Turkish letters where they belong (s --> ş, c --> ç, i --> ı, g --> ğ, etc.), because that makes it much easier to read.
Back to top Go down

Can someone tell me if this translation is accurate?
Page 1 of 1